Meet the Team
- Certified Master Dog Trainer (reg 009-1005)
- DIP CBST Canine Behavioral Science and Technology
- CCPDT-KA Certification Council of Pet Dog Trainers - Knowledge Assessed 2015
- CPDT Certified Pet Dog Trainer
- Good Dog Academy - Founding Member and Co-Creator, Director of Training
Dogs: Atty, Guinness, Teddy, Dozer
Jaime has always had a love and understanding of all animals, but a special place in her heart has always belonged to dogs. She has been professionally training and handling all breeds and temperaments of dogs since 1998. She attends ongoing seminars and is constantly updating her education to broaden her knowledge of becoming a dog trainer as she believes you never stop learning when working with animals.
While competing in CKC obedience and conformation Jaime has earned titles on several breeds of dogs. She has trained and handled dogs for television and major motion pictures. Her own dog Atty has obtained her IPO BH title, PSA PDC-SD and PDC title and was a validated patrol and narcotic detection K9.
Jaime is a validated explosive detection K9 handler, validated narcotics detection K9 handler and a validated security patrol K9 handler through the Justice Institute of BC. She has vast experience raising and training both detection and patrol dogs. She is currently one of the senior trainers at Pacific Northwest Kennels, a facility that specializes in training working dogs and professional canine handlers.
Jaime is also proud to be part of a multi-disciplinary team at Vancouver General Hospital that has developed a program that trains dogs to detect C. difficile with high accuracy. Since its inception in 2016, the canine detection teams have successfully searched hundreds of hospital areas for C. difficile. Jaime is involved as both a handler and trainer of these talented canines. The program was awarded the Top Innovation award for 2018 at BC Health Care Awards and Jaime hopes to be able to help the program continue to expand.
Currently Jaime shares her life with Atty (Belgium Malinios), Dozer (Pitty x), Guinness (GSD x ACD), Teddy (all Canadian mutt), her working K9 partner Dodger (Springer Spaniel), her 2 wonderful step children Hannah and Ethan and partner Lee.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Good Dog Academy Inc - Owner, Founding Member, Co-creator, Director of Training
- Good Dog Wellness Inc - Former Senior Trainer - obedience training and behaviour
problem solving at all levels
- Canine Behavioral Science and Technology (Dip CBST) - Diploma
For more information about this rigorous two year program, click here:
- Vancouver Coastal Health - trainer/handler - C.diff detection dog project
- CCPDT - KA - 2015 - independent certification body measuring range of knowledge and skills in ethology, learning theory, dog training technique and instruction.
- Canada West Canine Center - Certified Master Dog Trainer
- Court qualified expert in the assessment and rehabilitation of aggressive dogs - 2013 - 2017
- DOGSAFE® Canine First Aid Certified Level 1 and Level 2
- Vancouver PSA Dog Sport Club - former Director
- JIBC Validated Detection and Patrol Handler
- Pacific Northwest Kennels - trainer/instructor - detection and patrol K9’s and K9 handlers
- Canadian Kennel Club Canine Good Neighbour Evaluator
- Police Dog Training Centre Certified - Florida by IFRI/NFSTC standards
- Animal Behavior and Training Associates Inc. Certified
- Be a Tree - licensed presenter: The Be a Tree program is a dog bite prevention seminar program for school aged children
- Karen Pryor’s Shelter Training and Enrichment Program - graduate
- Animal Shelter Instructor - dog assessments for adoptability throughout BC and seminar presenter for animal shelter staff
- BC Provincial Instructor Diploma
- Good Dog Academy - Founding Member, Owner and Co-Creator, Director of Curriculum Development
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer
- CCPDT-KA Certification Council of Pet Dog Trainers - Knowledge Assessed
- Good Dog Academy Founding Member and Co-Creator
- CPDT Certified Pet Dog Trainer
- SAMP Small Animal Massage Practitioner
Dogs: Jetta, Stella, Rogue, Viggo & Whip
Heather's passion for dogs has inspired a career working with dogs that is based on a natural ability to understand and work with animals, a diverse background of experience and a foundation of formal education in many facets of the dog industry.
Heather personally owns five rescue dogs. Heather's diverse background is the driving force behind the unique, customized way that she approaches all of the dogs that she trains, and the dogs she cares for at Good Dog Ranch & Spa. With a strong understanding that every dog/human team is unique, she strives to help bring back the fun in that relationship at the same time teaching dog owners how to encourage wanted behaviours in a positive, healthy way.
Heather has been actively working in the dog industry for 20 years. In those years, she has had the privilege to learn from different animal professionals, with diverse experience in the field as follows.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Owner - Good Dog Wellness Inc., including Good Dog Ranch & Spa - Daycare, Boarding, Training of all levels and types.
- Founding member and co-creator of Good Dog Academy - Instructor
- Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers - Knowledge Assessed - independent certification body measuring range of knowledge and skills in ethology, learning theory, dog training technique and instruction.
- DOGSAFE® Canine First Aid Certified - Level 1 and Level 2
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT, PPSEC Certified Ben Kersen, graduated top of her class)
- Brenda Aloff Virtual Academy
- City of Coquitlam Bylaw and Animal Control Kennel Attendant
- City of Coquitlam Dog Trainer - taught all City of Coquitlam Obedience classes and Dog Body Language workshops
- City of Coquitlam Shelter dog behaviour consultant - created & facilitated training programs for difficult dogs
- City of Coquitlam Shelter Volunteer Educator - seminars and individual training on volunteer safety, dog handling and training skills
- Animal Massage Practitioner - SAMP designation - Northwest School of Animal Massage
- Professional pet groomer - dogs and cats at busy professional grooming salon
- Veterinary technician/assistant - in clinic trained for performing medical procedures and assisting in surgeries specializing in x-ray and restraint of aggressive animals