Take the quiz to see if becoming a Professional Pet Dog Trainer is right for you.
Click the button below to start.
Question 1 of 10
1. How should you approach a dog that you have never met before?
Run towards the dog with excitement
Allow the dog to approach you calmly and sniff
Avoid eye contact and walk past the dog quickly
Immediately pet the dog on the head
Question 2 of 10
2. What is the recommended way to correct a dog's unwanted behaviour?
Shouting and scolding the dog harshly
Physically punishing the dog with a leash or hand
Redirecting the dog's attention and rewarding desired behaviour
Ignoring the behaviour completely
Question 3 of 10
3. Which of the following is a sign that a dog is comfortable and relaxed?
Dilated pupils and tense body posture
Growling and showing teeth
Rapid panting and drooling
Soft, relaxed body posture and wagging tail
Question 4 of 10
4. What is the primary benefit of using force-free training methods?
Quicker results with less effort
Building trust and a strong bond between the dog and trainer
Instilling fear and submission in the dog
Demonstrating dominance and control over the dog
Question 5 of 10
5. What is the recommended method for teaching a dog to 'stay'?
Yelling the command repeatedly
Physically holding the dog in place
Punishing the dog for moving
Gradually increasing duration and rewarding for staying in place
Question 6 of 10
6. What is the recommended age to start socializing a puppy?
As early as possible
Question 7 of 10
7. What is an important factor to consider when choosing treats for training?
Quantity over quality
High fat content
Taste preference of the trainer
High value to the dog
Question 8 of 10
8. What is positive reinforcement in dog training?
Rewarding unwanted behaviours
Punishing unwanted behaviours
Ignoring all behaviours
Rewarding desired behaviours
Question 9 of 10
9. What does it mean when a dog yawns during training?
It's tired and needs a break
It's trying to calm down or relieve stress
It's bored with the training session
It's hungry and wants a treat
Question 10 of 10
10. Training dogs:
Helps them live a richer, fuller life
Is fun and rewarding
Is my passion
All of the above